Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Story so far...

The book I'm reading is Dr. Zhivago. This story takes place during the Russian Revolution. This revolution transformed the Russian state from Tsarist Autocracy to the Soviet Union.

This book is about a boy named Yuru Zhivago. It starts off on a cold and rainy day, with his mother in a coffin. Yuru finds out that his father had spent all his families fortune. When Yuru's mother dies and things start going downhill for Zhivago. It then goes to a totally different family and talks about her life.

The story so far has been really interesting. At times it gets really boring but all of the sudden it gets really exciting. Right now I just finished the Christmas party and I can tell you, it was the best chapter so far.

Research Question: Why does the author go from one main characters life to the other? When will he bring the characters together?

3 comments:

  1. I liked that you mentioned the start of the book because I feel like that is such an important part of the book. I think that it is important to know what is going on in the book. For example the women in the coffin is Yuri's mother and you didn't mention who "she" was. You may want to try going on sparknotes to make sure you know what is happing and only reading to where you are in the book.
    I think that your research question is a good start but maybe you may want to try something a little easier to research, something you can right four or five pages on.
    Your summary was short sweet and to the point. I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, sometimes the book is boring, and very confusing, but other parts are so exciting.
    I think that your research question is a good start but perhaps you could elaborate a little bit on it. You should also possibly try to connect your question to the revolution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela makes a good suggestion about Spark Notes...it's helpful...but don't go ahead and ruin the plot for yourself! That would be a bummer! Your question is textual. Is there any way to come up with othre questions that relate to the plot that might help lead you to better research questions? Lets work on this today.

    ReplyDelete